Understanding our internal world, and the role of internal stressors and self regulation
Brene is a Social Worker and researcher who has transformed the landscape of self help in personal and professional spheres like no other media figure. You can find her on Netflix, a new HBO series, and her invaluable podcasts, Unlocking Us and Dare to Lead. Her best selling books include The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, Braving the Wilderness and Dare to Lead.
Marc Brackett has an excellent approach to understanding our feelings and how we express them.
Emily and Amelia Nagoski outline the physical nature of emotions and stress, and introduce an essential guide to working stress out of our bodies, often long after the stressor has ceased.
- Marc Brackett: Permission to Feel (pod)
- Emily & Amelia Nagoski: Burnout and How to Complete the Stress Cycle (Brene Brown podcast)
- Tara Brach: Three Steps of Letting Go (podcast)
- Tara Brach: How to Stop the War Against Yourself (podcast)
- Dan Harris: The Benefits of Not Being a Jerk to Yourself (TED)
- Brene Brown: Daring Greatly (book); Shame and Accountability (podcast);
- Happiness Podcast: Dump Your Inner Drill Sergeant